In my writing, I tend to use very simple sentence structure like “They did…and they did…” that make my essay so boring. As a second language speaker, I’ve been taught subject and verb are need to make complete sentence. Therefore, even though I acknowledge my writing pattern, I prone to use so many of simple sentences. I will try not to use the simple structure and change them to give variety as I revise my drafts and read them several times to fix the pattern.
I also make a lot of errors in tenses. I usually get confused by perfect tense and past tense. This error cause my essay to seem mixed up and makes no sense at all. Even I try to fix my tense errors by read my writing several times, it is difficult for me to recognize them and correct them in right tenses. So I will try to work with tutors to improve my skills in writing particularly in tenses. And I will be more pay attention as I revise my drafts and read my essay sevreal times just looking for repeating words.
In my writing, I always try to use my word and my sentence. Just like using simple subject verb sentence structure, repeating the same words makes my writing tedious and boring. Because my vocabulary is weak, I tend to use easy words and use the same words in writing several times. Lack of variety in words and structure will decrease reader’s attention and it is not a good writing. To improve my vocabulary power, I will try to read more books and use diverse words in writing. Also I will be more careful not to use the same word as I revise my drafts.
No comments:
Post a Comment