I’m trying to make progress on my goal for the class that is learning critical thinking and use it to my academic life. I have just finished only two papers and these different types of writing and reading. It is still hard to write and read well in English as a second language speaker. I find out that peer reviewing is very helpful for me as a writer. It is very embarrassed to show my first draft to others. However, I am taking advantages from peer reviewing such as finding pattern of my errors in grammar and sentence structure. We have spent lots of time to group discussion on the reading. Actually, I don’t think it is very helpful. Even I read the text several times; I couldn’t understand the context without Ms. Spencer’s explanation. (Maybe because I’m a second language speaker?) Therefore, I didn’t say a lot of things about the text I read during group discussion. I think it would be nice and clear to understand if we just discuss altogether with instructor paragraph by paragraph. I think my writing is getting better than the beginning of semester (but very very very tiny amount). On my first paper, I learned that I need to focus on the topic and tenses. I made many mistakes in grammar and sentence structures. I need to practice on the writing and try hard to write college level paper. Already half of semester is gone. I will do my best to improve my writing skills and to achieve my goal in academic life for the last of the semester.
1 comment:
One strategy that may help with your reading comprehension is to first read the assignment through once or twice in its entirety, and then go through and try to summarize each paragraph in 1-2 sentences to force yourself to understand the meaning of each individual paragraph. I will take your comments about class discussion into account too.
Post a Comment