I analyzed “the $78 million bag”. The authors used an informal tone to build a connection to the reader such as marijuana, weed, and cannabis. Also the authors stated “it’s costing a fortune to dole out punishment for something that a lot of you – come on, ‘fess up - probably did last night.” In this statement, the writers generalized that all of us did weed which is very weaken their argument by making less authoritative. Including myself, I have never used drug, so the statement falls short of convincing. I’ve learn that I need to choose my tone carefully and I realized that tone can effect trustworthy. The authors assume that African-Americans are the most of arresting, prosecuting, and jailing for marijuana possession. They didn’t provided accurate evidence of the fact and their statement about African-American is almost racism. This taught me that I have to use accurate evident to support my argument and be respectful for all of readers. At last, they argued only one side of the argument. To give trustworthy the writing, writer should consider all side of the argument. While they debated only one side of the topic, legalization and taxing of marijuana to reduce wasting money on misdemeanor arrest, their argument was weaken again. This also taught me that I should consider all side of subject matter as I write an argument paper to make my argument effectively. The important three points that I learned from analyzing argument article are concise choice of appropriate tone, using the accurate evidence to support my argument, and considering all side of the topic for my argument paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment