My claim is the current U-Pass system is unfair and the university needs to create discounted program for students who are using other methods of commuter than U-Pass because nobody like to be forced to subsidize other students in their transportation costs. The U-Pass is unlimited bus and train riding card only for full-time students, however, if full-time students drop a class and become part-time, they are still paying a higher tuition fee plus full-prices bus passes is my the strongest evidence. The evidence is logically sound that how the system is unfair to the student and it is something that my audience will be familiar with their own experience. I’m going to emphasize the students’ complaints that they should not subsidize CTA bus or train commuters and part-time students who are using the system’s flaw.
My weakest evidence is the U-Pass should be available for part-time students because they just want and need it. I need to provide more specific evidence with statistics. However, the essay is based on my knowledge without research, I’m going to use the strongest evidence that there is a possibility student could abuse the current system. As a result, full-time students who are using the other commuter methods, such as Metra, cars, and walkers, are subsidizing the others even they are paying full price of commuter. In addition, my audience is likely aware, the U-Pass rate is much cheaper than regular CTA pass because the involvement of an all-or-nothing decision for school. To strengthen this part of my argument, I will admit that U-pass is useful for many students. Bur I will also emphasize the necessity of subsidizing program for the victims of the unfair system.
No comments:
Post a Comment