Thursday, September 22, 2011

Revision


My final draft is not really different from my rough draft. When I write any draft, I usually outlining my thoughts in my own language then, I begin to write down my rough draft. Therefore my rough draft is not really the very first draft. Even though I'm outlining and write the essay carefully, there are numerous errors in sentence structure and tense mistakes. Also, I realized that I need to develop and be more descriptive on the specific part of my body paragraph from the peer reviewing. Thus, my final draft has more detail descriptions, fixed tenses, and developed body paragraph.

I didn’t make major revision to the content or organization. According to peer reviewing sheet, the reviewer understood my idea and topic that I want readers to recognize in my paper. I focused my idea as literacy narrative experience and used detailed descriptions to express my thoughts efficiently. However, the reviewer point out that I need to add more description in body paragraph, so I enhanced more explanations to it.  

         After revising my paper, I was able to my pattern of errors in tense. I’m still confusing in use of past and past participle. In addition, I tend to be use words overly. So, I had to read my sentences over and over again to fix my errors in tense and to write clearly using intensive words.

Absolutely, the peer review helped me a lot to make the revision. It is embarrassing to show my rough draft to others, but I easily found out my mistakes and weak parts. I'm sure that the peer reviewing is really effective method to improve my writing skill.

         The strongest aspect of my essay is organization. I tried to write clear and interesting introduction, developed and focused body paragraphs, and well-wrapped conclusion. The weakest part of my writing is sentence structure, especially in tense. I know I tend to make mistakes in tense and it is hard to learn and use in writing. Also I prone to repeat same sentence structures such as using “that” or “which”. These sentence structures usually make the essay wordy and bored.

No comments: